Re: RARA-AVIS: Where to start with Ross MacDonald

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2003

On 22 August 2003, dmcglone@san.rr.com wrote:

: So could anyone tell me whether there's anyone novel that's a better
: introduction to the series than the others? Should I start at the
: beginning?

I've mentioned it before, but here's what James Ellroy said about Ross Macdonald: "Ross Macdonald wrote ONNNNNNE BOOOOOOK, but from THE GALTON CASE on it was a GOOOOODDD BOOOOOOOK." So, you might start with that.

Bill