Re: Re: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: THE LONG GOODBYE (1973)

From: jumblejim ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2003

Jim Doherty wrote:

> To suggest that I was saying that Chandler's THE LONG
> GOODBYE is no longer worth reading thanks to Altman is
> to deliberately misinterpret my statement.

That was not my interpretation of your statement. My interpretation was that you felt that anyone who had seen Altman's LONG GOODBYE could no longer have the full experience of Chandler's, that something would now forever be tainted or missing from that experience. If I misinterpreted, it was not deliberate. I've got nothing to gain by deliberately misinterpreting. Not the way I look at it.

Jim Beaver