RE: RARA-AVIS: Davidson: Smith, again

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 21 Aug 2003

Craig, I owe you a debt. I've been thinking he had a nonfiction Edgar for years, and now discover that I'd misread something (or been misinformed otherwise), probably about his short-fiction Edgar for "The Affair at Lahore Cantonment" in 1962...I hadn't sat down with a list and sought out the datum. For a year, he Was the only person to have both a Hugo and an Edgar, till Jack/John Holbrook Vance joined him in that club...though I suspect some sort of citatation was attached to Avram Davidson's early-'60s true crime work...I now know it wasn't an Edgar.

Glad you unlurked, btw. There's a Lot of uncollected AD nonfiction, I suspect. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Smith [mailto: craismith@earthlink.net] That's interesting, I'd like to read more. When you say, "his Edgar-winning nonfiction book", do you mean Davidson or someone else? I wasn't aware of Davidson winning a nonfiction Edgar.