RE: RARA-AVIS: Top 10 Noir Films

From: GERLACH, Steven ( steven.gerlach@smavic.com.au)
Date: 21 Aug 2003

Mark,

Good questions. I guess I'm looking at earlier or "classic" Noir films. They don't *have* to be b&w or from the 40's, but I already have later releases, like Tarantino's, covered.

So, thinking about it a bit more, I guess I'm looking for dark crime films, pre-1980. But, of course, if there are stand-outs after 1980, I'd like to know them too. As I may not have them yet.

Hmmmm, maybe this should be two lists: "Classic Noir" and "Modern Noir"? Or is that making it too complicated?

Steve