RARA-AVIS: HOPE TO READ: Taboada

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 18 Aug 2003

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada [mailto: matrxtech@yahoo.com] I have _Hope to Die_ open on the library table (I read sitting at a table, always). Something made me stop after reading the first chapter. I know I will take it up eventually, but for now there it sits, next to Tom Wolfe's
_A Man in Full_ (talk about brilliant shallowness...).

Well, if HIT LIST is the worst Block I've read, HOPE TO DIE may be the most forgettable (and, indeed, easy to put down--but still much better than HIT LIST, if not quite as good, by me, as HIT MAN, which may give you some idea). I'm not sure if it's Block who's going through a bad stretch, or me. In this case, I suspect it's Block.