Re: RARA-AVIS: Robbe-Grillet and JEALOUSY

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 05 Aug 2003

miker wrote:
"I bought JEALOUSY after I read Willeford's essay/thesis New Forms of Ugly."

Man, I've got to get that book. From the names you've listed in your various references to it, he deals with a number of writers/books that really impressed me on first reads, such as Jealousy, which very subtly and slowly warped my head when I first read it.

"Purveyor and theorist or "The New Novel," eh?"

Yup, he wrote For A New Novel: Essays on Fiction.

"That sounds sorta scary.   ;-)"

Does it really get much scarier than post-structuralist/postmodern art/literary theory? I just looked up For A New Novel at Amazon and
"customers also bought" Barthes, Auster and Samuel Beckett. Heavy.

Mark