Re: RARA-AVIS: The Monkey's Mask

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 27 Jul 2003

Gary wrote:
> I read it and listed it as a "classic" in my book on the P. I. It is a
> startling noir tale told in verse, and it is a very erotic lesbian love
> story as well. Unique and powerful. I had no idea it was a movie, and
now
> I would like to see if the movie is available in the US.

*********** I ordered it! I've been trying to pick up on a few Australian hardboiled novels. I don't think I've ever read an erotic lesbian love story. Hmm... first time for everything I guess. Is it merely... suggestive? Or do they get down and dirty? ;-)

You warned me that it's written in verse, so I won't complain if I don't like it. I've only read a couple long things in verse. Cooleridge's RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER and then GILGAMESH just here recently. Don't really think they would be considered novels, though.

miker