RARA-AVIS: Willeford

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@rcn.com)
Date: 27 Jul 2003

Before the month is over I wanted to mention in Boston I bought a post card of showing the cover of Beacon pb #B175. The book is LUST IS A WOMAN by Charles Williford. Does anybody know the reason for the misspelling?

Oh, and I read his THE WOMAN CHASER. I guess I would call it semi - noir. The protagonist, Richard Hudson seems always in control of his fate, his artistic integrity impels him to act as he does at th end. It's pretty funny. I know Willeford was brought up in Los Angeles, but this leads me to believe Willeford must have was a movie script writer once. Mark.