Re: RARA-AVIS: THE DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING, Vin Packer 1961

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 27 Jul 2003

miker says: "The problem with the book is that there was almost nothing admirable or entertaining about Adam Blessing, and that is damning. Even the most wicked of protagonists have something entertaining about them, Lou Ford the sheer violence of his insanity, Stanton Carlisle his ability to turn human weakness into cash, and Hannibal Lecter his ability to choose the correct wine for even the most unusual food."

Yeah, but have they had a rock group named after them? I admit I never heard a recording by The Damnation of Adam Blessing, but the band got some good reviews back in the Olden Days.

Bill Crider