Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled politics

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 22 Jul 2003

In a message dated 7/21/03 2:54:00 PM, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

<< I stand by my claim that a lot of recent hardboiled heroes are losers, and they know it. >>

The wiggle words in this statement are "a lot." It is equally true that "a lot" of the current hard boiled protagonists are as heroic and as far from loser land as their predecessors. IMO, the self acknowledged losers are still a minority voice, but maybe that reflects my reading choices more than it reflects the overall picture.

                                    Jim Blue