Re: RARA-AVIS: Douglas Fairbairn

From: JT Lindroos ( juha@oivas.com)
Date: 21 Jun 2003

> > A Man's World, Simon & Schuster, 1956. The Joy Train, Simon & Schuster,
1957.

> I have both of these. I've skimmed A Man's World which is an amiable
enough
> coming of age novel about a young American in France. It didn't inspire me
> to read the Joy Train, though. Be happy to lend you them if needed. And
> congrats on re-publishing Shoot and Street 8- both terrific books

Thanks, John, for the offer -- not necessary as yet. If SHOOT & STREET 8 sell in reasonable numbers I may consider further Fairbairn books, but there are several others I would consider before these two, esp. considering your comments and what I've read elsewhere...

Also for those interested in the Willeford title -- I have sent the files to the printers, and the trade edition ($17.95) will be available "officially" in August, but I will be selling copies through our website and directly to independent bookstores in a couple of weeks, at the same time as I'm sending out review copies. It's 25 stories, 7 previously unpublished, 240 pages of good stuff. I also hope to wrap up the hardcover edition in a couple of weeks, and send it off to the printers soon after I've got the trade edition at hand...

--Juha.

--
JT Lindroos
wit's end publishing