RARA-AVIS: TEXAS WIND, James Reasoner 1980

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 02 Apr 2003

Let me start 1980s month off with this one. This is a beautifully written detective novel, soulful and smooth. It's fast-moving, intense, and the characters are vivid and well-drawn and thankfully free from the tiresome stereotypes. It took me forever to locate a copy. Thanks to Al Guthrie for cluing me in on where to find it. I'm going to have to get a safe deposit box to store it in. ;-)

The plot involves a Texas private investigator searching for a lost daughter. As Cody pursues his investigation, the truth becomes more uncertain. Did she run away with her friend's boyfriend, or was she kidnapped? What is the mother hiding? Nothing is sure until the end.

Double thanks to James Reasoner. First for writing such a fine book. Second for signing my copy.

By the way, I never knew that Frederick Remington was a painter. All I knew him for were those dramatic sculptures.

miker