RARA-AVIS: Gregory Jones - Prowl Cop

From: Paul Farrell ( pm_farrell@hotmail.com)
Date: 27 Feb 2003

Jim Doherty wrote:

>This reminds me of a question I've had for awhile. In
>Anthony Boucher's 1956 "end of the year" column (the
>one in which he coined the term "police procedural"),
>one of the books he mentioned as a good example of the
>sub-genre was PROWL COP by Gregory Jones (Ace D-147).
>
>Is there anyone here who's either read the book or is
>familiar with the writer?
>
>JIM DOHERTY

I've got this book, but haven't read it. It's an Ace Double, with "My Private Hangman" by Norman Herries on the flipside. I've read the Herries one, and it wasn't much good, so I never got around to reading the Jones novel. I haven't heard of any other books by either author. That Boucher recommendation sounds promising though; I'll have to read the Jones book and report back.

Paul

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail