RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir jazz and all.

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Feb 2003

<<"Hell Hound on My Trail" by Robert Johnson is as noir as one could want...but then, what isn't noir about blues? Or bluegrass? At least in their, ahem, noirish moods.>>

After seeing Ralph Stanley in concert at a small festival and chatting with him afterwards, I wrote some notes for future reference. A noir story with Ralph's likeness as a mountain town sheriff... A lot of true mountain music is not sentimental. The stories are often very dark.

Best,

mrt