Re: RARA-AVIS: Georges Simenon

From: Nicole Leclerc ( lectrice@videotron.ca)
Date: 15 Feb 2003

I'm late replying Jim but I've read all the Maigrets in French and I can confirm the regular guy and the colloquial languate. He doesn't speak slang, just normal France french. And in his private live he is very bourgeois with his little wife in the background cooking him his meals, taking care of him, bowing to his every whims patiently. As for being balsy, I think he is usually placid enough but when stirred and angry, he does have the nerve to act on his feelings and lash out at people, whether verbally or physically. Don't know if I'd label him as tough but he can toughen up when need be.

Nicole

p.s. Although I have been lurking and silent, I have sent good thoughts your mom's way and hope she is continuing to heal.