Re: RARA-AVIS: re: Mark Sullivan on Russell James

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 13 Feb 2003

Russell,

Thanks for answering my question about Oh No Not My Baby. So the reason I couldn't figure out what movie it came from (as my friend had told me, or as I had misheard), was because it didn't. And I did like the chapter title gimmick. Good book, as are all of yours that I've read.

However, I've got to ask, using the name Carter for the main character in Payback was an homage to Ted Lewis, right? Although the books go in very different directions, both yours and Get Carter (AKA Jack's Return Home) start with a Carter returning to his home town for a brother's funeral. That wasn't coincidence was it?

Mark

ps -- Any chance of Vinnie Durkin getting his own story?