RARA-AVIS: Winter 2003 issue of Hardluck Stories Zine is now online!!

From: Dave ( davezelt@attbi.com)
Date: 10 Feb 2003

The Winter issue of Hardluck Stories Zine guest edited by Michael A. Black is now on line and can be found at http://www.hardluckstories.com/zine.htm

The theme for this issue is John D. MacDonald, and Michael has chosen six tough, gritty hard-boiled and noir stories by Gary Lovisi, Tess Collins, Miles Archer, Julie A. Hyzy, Allan Guthrie, and Jochem Vandersteen. We're also including a different type of story by Hal Glatzer that should at least get a chuckle out of you. And Michaels wraps up the issue with an insightful and heartfelt essay on John D. MacDonald.

About Michael A. Black: Michael has had short stories published in numerous magazines, including Ellery Queen and Hardboiled. His debut hard-boiled PI novel, A Killing Frost, was published last year by Five Star to rave reviews from the likes of Andrew Vachss, Sara Paretsky, Publishers Weekly, Booklist, and others.

Other News: I've decided to push up the publication date of the Jeremiah Healy Special Edition of Hardluck Stories Zine. The new publication date is March 11th.

-Dave Zeltserman