Re: RARA-AVIS: Last of the Fifties

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 01 Feb 2003

: "Robison Michael R CNIN:

> Thanks to Mark Blumenthal in Chicago for introducing me to some great used
> book stores and an excellent Chinese restaurant. I had a damn good time.

Thanks, mike - I enjoyed it too.

For the true last of the fifties, at least on Rara Avis, I read Stephen Marlowe's VIOLENCE IS MY BUSINESS. It is a Chester Drum book I found Drum a good hard boiled protagonist. The book was ok with a an exciting climax in the snow in Quebec. I thought the plot somewhat dubious and character motivation questionable, but it has enough action to compensate. Mark