Re: RARA-AVIS: Revenge Noir?

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 28 Oct 2002

> For those with much, much too much Disposable Income:
>
> >I Spit On Your Grave/ Don't Mess With My Sister (2-Pack)
> >DVD Region 1
> >$23.96
> >Scheduled for Release on 11-19-2002
> >
> >Synopsis
> >
> >The Ultimate Revenge Collection.
> >
> >I Spit On Your Grave:
> > A young woman travels to the country looking for some
solitude.
> > What she finds is a nightmare! After being brutally attacked by a
group
> > of "country boys", she manages to survive the attack. What follows
is a
> > series of acts of revenge that you will never forget.
> > Banned in the UK and Germany, this is the full uncut version
of
> > this cult classic.
> >
> >Don't Mess With My Sister:
> > LUST destroyed his life. PASSION led him to murder. GREED
left
> > him a beaten man. All because he wouldn't listen when they
said.Don't
> > Mess With My Sister! From Meir Zarchi, the director of I Spit On
Your
> > Grave, comes a tense, provocative action-packed thriller that gives
new
> > meaning to the world REVENGE.
> >
> >UPC Code: 790594227821
> >Studio: Elite Entertainment

I don't know anything about DON'T MESS WITH MY SISTER, but I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (absolutely no connection to the Boris Vian novel) is complete crap. Its only possible interest is historic (it was banned in Australia after having been available on VHS for nearly 20 years - another great victory for the forces of censorship). It don't even qualify as "so bad it's good". Rene