Re: RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon reports

From: jumblejim ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 25 Oct 2002

MrT wrote:

> Speaking of AHMM: tthe other day I picked up an old issue
> of the magazine and what do I find but a novella by our own
> Jim Beaver. It was a good read, too. What a small world.

April, 1980, I think it was. My first (and so far, only) published fiction
(unless you count produced film/tv scripts). AHMM played a little fast and loose with my title and my attempts to characterize the yokels of the story as such (the editor changed my "ain't's" to "isn't's", etc.) Still, nothing like that first publication to make you think it's all easy sledding from here on out!

Jim Beaver