RE: RARA-AVIS: Bookstores in Washington D.C. ?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 24 Oct 2002

Anthony wrote:

"I tend to recall a couple of places in Georgetown ... take Foggy Bottom Metro and make your way north north west over to M Street. Stick to the left side and pound the concrete. Just over an overpass there was a place that had books."

I forget the name of that store (something with Bridge in it?), across from the old Biograph Theater that was turned into a CVS. It's a nice little store, but it's all new books and doesn't have anything out of the ordinary when it comes to mysteries (if you're looking for cultural studies, though, definitely check out the second floor). It is the last small bookstore left in Georgetown after the exodus following Barnes & Noble's opening in the neighborhood.

Mark