RE: RARA-AVIS: Bookstores in Washington D.C. ?

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 24 Oct 2002

I don't buy many used books and haven't visited any of the stores in the area myself ... now if you want to know what the strip clubs, S&M Leather shop, or massage pallor is I can help you off list. ;)

If you like hamburgers and have a car, you've got to do yourself a favor and visit Five Guys. There is one several blocks east of King Street Metro just off of King Street to the left when coming from the Metro that you can get to with a bit of walking if you don't have a car.

I tend to recall a couple of places in Georgetown ... take Foggy Bottom Metro and make your way north north west over to M Street. Stick to the left side and pound the concrete. Just over an overpass there was a place that had books.

Oh, and the old lady with the kid begging for money east side of the overpass looking all homeless like has a Caddy a block or so away, so you may want to consider that before dropping any change. If you go to Dupont Circle and you see a vet in a wheel chair look before tossing money into the cup he's holding, it's usually a soda not a change cup
... if you like beer and you go to Dupont Circle, look up the Brickskeller. I recommend the Abita Ale.

  http://www.thebrickskeller.com/

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

Et tu, Judas?
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/g-bye.htm
-----Original Message----- From: Robison Michael R Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:58 AM
I've got some business in D.C for a few days and I was wondering if anybody could recommend any good used bookstores in the area. I'm looking for somewhere I can find out-of-print stuff. Chances are I won't have the time, but if one of the meetings lets out early, that's where I want to go.