RARA-AVIS: DC bookstores

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 24 Oct 2002

I have little to add to the suggestions already given to miker about DC used bookstores. The DuPont Circle Second Story Books is on P Street but the best location is the Second Story Warehouse in Rockville. Be aware it is a haul from DC and while it is close to main streets, the final approach is tricky. Do ask to see the collectible mysteries as Nelson does get in some interesting items--he also charges very healthy prices for them. I agree that Wonder Books in Frederick, MD is a good stop. It is also very close to the sniper arrest sight.

There used to be other good spots in this area but most have vanished with high rents. In Virginia, you have to drive to Culpepper to find a good selection, which isn't a bad idea if you continue on to Charlottesville where there are several good stores.

Richard Moore