RE: RARA-AVIS: Bookstores in Washington D.C. ?: Robison

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 24 Oct 2002

Second Story Books, particularly if they still maintain public hours at the suburban Maryland warehouse, is [was?] an excellent if somewhat frustrating browse at times...as with the Strand in NYC, what is this thing
"alphabetizing" you speak of? (Second Story's flagship store is [was?] fairly convenient to DC tourists at Dupont Circle) I'm not sure if, in the Virginia 'burbs, Richard McKay used books is still a going concern, but if so, have at. Hole in the Wall Books in Falls Church, VA, is primarily a comics and fantastic-fiction shop, but has some relevant cf materials. Man, I'm beginning to realize how long it's been since I've lived in the DC area... TM

-----Original Message----- From: Robison Michael R CNIN [mailto: Robison_M@crane.navy.mil] I've got some business in D.C for a few days and I was wondering if anybody could recommend any good used bookstores in the area. I'm looking for somewhere I can find out-of-print stuff. Chances are I won't have the time, but if one of the meetings lets out early, that's where I want to go.