Re: RARA-AVIS: "Travis McGee"

From: calvin branche ( cbranche@earthlink.net)
Date: 24 Oct 2002

In my high-school mystery fiction classes, during the 80's, I taught both the Deep Blue Goodby and The Empty Copper Sea. I began to show the tape to one of my classes, and they decided, after the first 20 minutes, to stop watching it (much to my relief).--the film simply did not come anywhere near what they expected of Sam Elliot as Travis. And when you have high schoolers decide to do classwork and not watch tv, that's as good a critical comment, perhaps, as you might get.