Re: RARA-AVIS: Bellem

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2002

<< Please, gentlemen, there are ladies present.

 The proper term is "tiddlywinks."

Or "headlamps."

Or "sweetiebuttons."

Professor of Political Correctness Dr. K.B. Smith, TDWS>>

I suppose "tits" is too softboiled for pulp use and too square for a Bellemism...

When I read Bellem, I think of a crazy uncle who calls you every day and can't stop talking. Sure, he's nuts, but he keeps you waiting for the next disastrous metaphor or simile, for the next bit of irresistibly nonsensical dialogue. That's a kind of talent, storytelling talent. I bet the agora in Athens was full of such types.

Best,

MrT