RARA-AVIS: Katherine Anne Porter

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 15 Oct 2002

Karin wrote about the rankin/bourdain link: I liked that. Thanks for the link, Mike.

************** You're welcome, Karin! I've got to take the time to finish reading it.

Has anybody read Katherine Ann Porter's NOON WINE? I hear it's really violent. Sounds like fun. Is it hardboiled? How about Toni Morrison's BELOVED?

There's a boat out at the docks called "Ship of Fools". We were sitting around drinking beers one day and I asked him if he had ever read the book by Porter, and all I got was a "Huh?" I guess he got the name from a Grateful Dead song.

Thanks, miker