RARA-AVIS: Dennis Macmillan

From: T.Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 15 Oct 2002

Subject: RARA-AVIS: Dennis Macmillan collection... Ron Clinton wrote:

>I wrote to Dennis MacMillan several days ago:
>"Regarding the MEASURES OF POISON anthology, I understand from your website
>that it will first be available at Bouchercon, and that there will be a
>"...a mass-signing of Measures of Poison by all the contributors who're
>present at the convention (and most of them will be)."
>Is it possible to order and have shipped a trade copy with the multiple
sigs
>(i.e. have it signed at the show, and sent after) -- or is this mass
signing
>available only to convention attendees?"

>He wrote back that, no, he wouldn't be able to as 1) He wasn't sure if the
>books were even going to arrive in time, and 2). Everyone was asking this
>same question, and he (understandably) wasn't up to handling the workload
>involved.

>So I'm now wondering if anyone on this list is a bookseller and is
attending
>Bouchercon, and is intending to pick up a few trade edtions of this
>collection with the multiple sigs for re-sale?

At least you received a reply. I e-mailed Dennis a couple of weeks ago to ask about this book and to find out which other books he would have available for sale at Bouchercon, but didn't hear back. I had planned to have the local independent mystery dealer in Winnipeg pick up copies for me, but that's out because she has cancelled her trip. I'm still interested in a copy of Measures of Poison.

Kent Morgan in Winnipeg