RARA-AVIS: Burnett and movie questions

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 15 Oct 2002

Bill Crider wrote: I liked Burnett's story well enough to consider re-reading LITTLE CAESAR one of these days.

********* Well it won't take you long to get through it, Bill. My copy is 158 pages.

I watched most of Little Caesar last night. I'm pretty sure this is the oldest movie I've ever seen. Pretty darned good, too. Like most movies, they shifted things around from the book... Joe the dancer is Rico's buddy in the movie, instead of Paco. In the book, Rico hates Joe. Nevertheless, there's no doubt the movie is true to the spirit of the book.

Trivia question: When did the "talkies" become common? For that matter, when did the silent movies start showing regularly to the public?

miker