RE: RARA-AVIS: Lazy Gink's Guide to a Complete Hammett Collection

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 15 Oct 2002

Bill Denton said: It'll be a good list to use if you want to track down all the Hammett short stories you can. Most people will be perfectly satisfied with CRIME STORIES AND OTHER WRITINGS and NIGHTMARE TOWN, though.

********** I'm interested in the two main collections you mention above. However, I'm confused about the NIGHTMARE TOWN collection. The biblio mentions two books by this name, with the Queen version an obvious out-of-print book from the past. The other one is listed as published by Knopf in 1999, but at Amazon they have it published by Vintage Books in 2000. Do these two books have the same contents?

Thanks, miker