RARA-AVIS: Crippen and Landru's Jo Gar series

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 13 Oct 2002

Douglas Greene: To reply to the question whether Whitfield's Jo Gar stories have ever been collected -- they are about to be! Crippen & Landru in Association with Black Mask Press now has at the printer JO GAR'S CASEBOOK, containing all the stories of the "Island Detective." It has a great cover by neo-pulp artist Tom Roberts.

********** With great news like that, I'm ready for all the blatant publishing promotion you can dish out. If my memory serves me correctly, the last I read on the issue is that the stories have NEVER been collected before.

There's so much writing from the era that just sits rotting on pulp pages, and practically inaccessible to the hardboiled community. Crippen and Landru are doing the genre a great service.

miker