RARA-AVIS: Dorothy Uhnak: _Ledger_

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2002

As a follow-up from the previous month's discussion on police procedurals theme, I read Dorothy Uhnak's _Ledger_.

Jim had included Uhnak's _The Bait_ on his top ten cop novels, but I've only been able to get my hands on her _Ledger_ (1970).

An excellent read. Her style is tough and gritty with the female protag being a police detective. I can see where she broke new ground for Grafton, Cornwell, and others.

Ed Lynskey

=====