RARA-AVIS: RE: Favorite Op caper

From: Dick Lochte ( dlochte@adelphia.net)
Date: 10 Oct 2002

Before we move off of the subject of favorite Hammett short stories let me cast a vote for "The Scorched Face," if, for no other reason, that killer of a last sentence.

By the way, did anybody see the adaptation of "Fly Paper" that was on Showtime a few years ago? Don Westlake wrote the script, which was fine. But they cast Christopher Lloyd as The Op and Darren McGavin as the old man when, obviously, they should have ignored their ages and reversed the roles.

Dick Lochte