RARA-AVIS: Re: McGee's Rant

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 16 Sep 2002

>(McGee's) partner numbers could have rivaled those of Wilt Chamberlain and I
>doubt it would have troubled him. Methinks he saw promiscuous women as the
>candidates for "death stink," and men as merely good-naturedly randy. In
>other words, I don't think he'd have ever made the gender substitutions that
>you did in the text.

No, I never said he did. But read the later books. As the series progresses, McGee certainly does question his own lifestyle more and more. And even in his early books, there are moments of, if not self-doubt, at least acknowledgement that even pleasure has its price. note that even in the passage Bill quoted, he does refer to himself as a prude.