Re: RARA-AVIS: Gruesome JDM passage

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Sep 2002

<<Imagine that at the top of the personals column in the paper, or recited before a TV blind date show.>>

What an increible bit of nonsense JDM wrote... I wonder who he was pandering to when he wrote that, or whether the author really believed that women have a sexual quota after which they are not good any more.

As you said, it's gruesome and revolting, close to the
"virgin or whore" chivalric code that has done so much damage (particularly to women, but also to men and to society).

Almost all the McGees have ridiculously sententious passages now and then, and I'm inclined to overlook them because they reflect the times, but I'm not so sure about this one.

Best,

mrt