RARA-AVIS: gold medals

From: eddie hermanson ( ehermanson@hotmail.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2002

  What would any of you pay for an good\excellent 1st edition copy of Whip Hand by Willeford/Saunders. I've found one for just over $40 bucks and i don't know if i should pick it up or not. Like all the old books i buy I buy em because i want to read em, but i've never paid more than $9 or so bucks for a Gold Medal(usually only a buck or so). I know this is a rare Willeford and i may never see it again. Any suggestions?