Re: RARA-AVIS: Baker and Rinehart ?

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 13 Sep 2002

Mark said: I'm not positive, but wasn't Young Man with a Horn loosely based on Bix Beiderbecke? There was a movie made with Kirk Douglas and Lauren Bacall.

I've seen the movie, though I haven't read the book that miker mentioned. I was very young when I saw the movie, but I think it might qualify as noir. I do remember that it's the first movie I ever where I thought the people who made it copped out and tacked on a brief "happy ending" scene that didn't fit at all with the rest of what I'd seen.

Bill Crider