Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler Night At The Movies

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Sep 2002

Brian wrote:

"I just finished watching Turner Classic Movies' tribute to Raymond Chandler's works."

And the night before, I taped their trilogy of films scripted by Chandler: Double Indemnity, Blue Dahlia and Strangers on a Train. I don't feel like looking it up, but was it Chandler's birthday or something? Was there an excuse for all of the Chandler? Not that I'm complaining.

Brian, which BIg Sleep did they show, the original theatrical release
(with more Bogart-Bacall footage to capitalize on their popularity in To Have and Have Not) or the somewhat recently reissued earlier, but never before released version, which includes the helpful explanation scene in the police station?

Mark