Re: RARA-AVIS: Award-Winning Gold Medals

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 31 Aug 2002

Anthony Boucher touted the Gold Medal famous murder trial books in his columns, and long ago I read most of them. They're well worth looking for and turn up on eBay now and then. I didn't read THE GIRL WITH THE SCARLET BRAND because it was about a British case I'd never heard of. There's one book that may not be part of the series, DEATH WAS THE BRIDEGROOM, but it's certainly true crime. It's a factual account of the same case Dreiser used as a basis for AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY.

Bill Crider