Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Willeford month: July 2003

From: Stewart Wilson ( Stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2002

William Denton wrote:

> On 25 August 2002, M Blumenthal wrote:
>
> : We already had a Willeford month. I think it was February, 2001
>
> I checked back and you were just off by one: it was January 2001. The
> next blank spot is July 2003, so I scheduled him for there. Two and a
> half years is more than long enough to make me reread his books.

Having just gotten in to Willeford last year, the 11 months left before July 2003 will be (maybe) just enough time for me to find his remaining books before the discussion. In two of the stories from THE MACHINE ON WARD ELEVEN, I found some overt clues to a major theme appearing in all of the other books I read so far (COCKFIGHTER, BURNT ORANGE, the Mosely series, & SHARK-INFESTED CUSTARD). I hope to have a lucid argument developed by July 2003. Willeford is easily my favourite writer.

Cheers,
--Stewart