RE: RARA-AVIS: Latimer recommendations?

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 21 Aug 2002

Jim Doherty, on four of Latimer's novels: They're all good. LADY IN THE MORGUE is the most famous and winds up on a lot of "Best" lists. My personal favorite is the first MURDER IN THE MADHOUSE.
 Personally, as long as there all available, I'd read them in order of publication (which just happens to be the order you listed them in).

********* Thanks for the help, Jim. Since you liked MURDER IN THE MADHOUSE, and it's also the first one, that's the one I'll go for. I've been amazed at the variety that I've gotten from hardboiled/noir here recently. Peter Rabe, Elmore Leonard, Derek Raymond, Harry Crews, and Cornell Woolrich all have very different styles.

miker