Studs Lonigan (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Themes of the months)

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2002

On 19 August 2002, Michael Robison wrote:

: Did you read the whole trilogy or just one out of the series? Did you
: like it?

I read the whole thing when I was 16 or so, and liked it a lot. I'd like to reread it for the '30s month. People on the list who like the earlier HB stuff are bound to enjoy stretching out to the American realist writers of the first part of the last century: Farrell, Steinbeck, dos Passos, Sinclair Lewis, and so on.

Bill