Re: RARA-AVIS: Themes of the months

From: Larry Newton ( ldnewton2@attbi.com)
Date: 19 Aug 2002

Didn't Earle Stanley Gardner write any novels pre-1930?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Taboada" < matrxtech@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 8:54 AM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: Themes of the months

> <<Can anybody help me with a list of some pre-1930
> hardboiled
> novelists? I stress novelists because I'm just not much of
> a short story reader.>>
>
> There's Raoul Whitfield's _Green Ice_, the first noir
> novel, from 1930. Burnett's _Little Caesar_ is another
> title worth discussing. And Daly wrote the abominable _The
> Hidden Hand_ in 1928, I think. John Dos Passos's _The 42nd
> Parallel_ is from 1930. Did James T. Farrell publish any
> novels in the twenties? At some point, we are going to have
> to deal with Farrell.
>
> Regards,
>
> MrT
>
> =====
> "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug." Mark Twain