RARA-AVIS: British Noir--Ken Bruen

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 17 Aug 2002

_A White Arrest_ is a police procedural of sorts, with vile crimes--serial murder of the English national cricket team, some self-righteous thugs hanging dope dealers from lampposts--played for laughs. A white arrest is one that's a big enough deal to whitewash all previous failures and put an officer in the higher-ups' good graces.
    The book was funny, I did laugh, and the book didn't stay with me.

Joy