Re: RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal's The Silencers by Donald Hamilton

From: Buzz ( BuzzMeeks@attbi.com)
Date: 16 Aug 2002

At a nearby tag sale, I found 7 of Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm books. The owner asked for sixty cents a piece. When I offered fifty, she said she had a million dollars in doctor's bills and her husband just died. In my own hard-boiled way, I wondered if she was making it up, but then thought, even if she was, she had balls. I gave her the sixty cents.

Brad