RARA-AVIS: RE: Caldwell

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane@emazing.com)
Date: 16 Aug 2002

Robison Michael R CNIN < Robison_M@crane.navy.mil> wrote:

<< Bill Crider said: I'd go with TOBACCO ROAD if only because it's the one that started the whole "backwoods" trend. I did an article once for THE JOURNAL OF POPULAR CULTURE. I called it "See What the Boys in the Backwoods Will Have," and it was all about the kind of books that followed TOBACCO ROAD. Harry Whittington wrote a lot of those, but my favorites are the ones in the "Cabin Road" series by John Faulkner (all Gold Medals).

************** Thanks, Bill. That's the one I'm going for. I was at Barnes and Nobles last week and was pleased that they had them both. Them darn trade paperbacks are expensive!

Didn't Charles Williams contribute a novel or two to this genre?

- Duane