RARA-AVIS: Chris Offutt's GOOD BROTHER

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 07 Aug 2002

Chris Martin said: Miker: If you're not familiar with Chris Offutt's fiction, I think you'd really like it. Kentucky is his primary subject. You'll never find his books

in the Mystery section of your local store, but his stories are hardboiled and, man, can he write.

********** Thanks, Chris. I have never heard of him. I checked him out on Amazon.com. Because I'm more of a novel fan than a short story fan, I put THE GOOD BROTHER on my wish list. Have you read it, and is it good? The description sounded hardboiled, just as you said his stories are.

miker