RARA-AVIS: Arthur Lyons; UK's No Exit Press

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Aug 2002

I don't know how much an American author published by a British publisher qualifies as UK HB, but it sure has made for a supreme reading pleasure for me
(Arthur Lyons' Dead Ringer). I picked up the pb in a used bookstore on a trip a couple weeks back.

This is my first reading of Mr. Lyons' work. His clean prose style and understated humor for the P.I. Jake Asch protagonist are marvelous. I also see Asch made the rara-avis Top HB Characters Poll (#125).

Also did a search on the rara-avis archive (which is also pretty slick) for Arthur Lyons. That he seemingly doesn't write in the series any longer is a sad loss for readers.

Ed Lynskey

=====