Re: RARA-AVIS: life's too short to read bad books

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Aug 2002

<< < My goal is to read one-tenth the number of books that Bill Crider has read and gain one-tenth the understanding of literature that Mario has.>>

Miker, thanks, but you got miscarried away. I am just a fan, a slow learner. Howsobeit, I'll reward you with a Revd Cherrycoke joke:

"Uncle," Tenebrae pretends to grasp,:--and but this Morning, you look'd much younger,-- why I'd no idea."

"Kindly Brae. This is from my Secret Relation, of course. Don't know that I'd phrase it quite like that in the present Company."

"Then...?" Tenebrae replying to her Uncle's Twinkling with the usual play of Eye-lashes.

"It begins with a Hanging."

"Excellent!" cry the Twins.

Best,

MrT

=====
"The skill of man is unequal to the formation of a new man from old materials, but the battered tenement may, with care, be long sustained by props" -- From Becklard's Physiology.