Re: RARA-AVIS: tears in my beer: MikeR

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 01 Aug 2002

> Alan said:
> If you don't want to own a certain book, but just want to read it,
don't
> forget your local library. Even if they don't own the book you'd be
> surprised
> what you can get from Interlibrary Loan.
>
> ********
> Thanks for the suggestion, Alan. Our local library in
> Bloomington, Indiana is a beautiful library with hardly
> a darned book that I'm interested in. I have mentioned
> before that there's no Willeford or Charles Williams.
> I hadn't considered before that just because its not on
> the shelves or in the catalog system that they might
> still be able to get them thru interlibrary loan.
>
> thanks again, miker
> --

In my part of the world public libraries are basically pretty crappy, with the possible exception of the State library, which is much better for non-fiction than fiction & you can't borrow from it. (The uni libraries are pretty good also but not fully accessible, i.e. borrowing privileges, to everyone).

Rene